Chain to rode. How do you ?

smiles bernard

Hello fellow Amelians

Many thanks to all those on the forum who have given their thoughts and experience on anchoring options for my boat
(Currently 50m 12mm chain on older 46ft Maramu and I’m wondering about either adding more length in chain or rode)

I’d really like to hear from those with chain plus rode extension solutions.

what windlass do you have and how do you swap from chain to rode on the windlass when raising and lowering the anchor ?

I spoke to the Lofrans distributor in the uk which ended up raising more questions for me.

He was clear to point out that my Tigres is an all chain windlass the rope capstan is only for independent use and not setup to the allow transfer from chain to rope sections.
He said the chain stripper would cause problems with the rode.
If I want a chain plus rode solution I would need a different windlass.

Any experience most welcome as I’ve only ever had an all chain solution before.

Many thanks

Miles