Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Upwind with staysail

Paul Cooper <paul.cooper74@...>

FWIT, on my PSC I used running backstays when setting the staysail in strong winds so as not to tempt fate.  It certainly seems a bad idea not to, and negligent not to have them installed by a rigger, unless of course the inner forestay goes to the masthead.

At that time I knew nothing of Amels, or any boat that you could sail entirely from the cockpit for that matter, so scampering around on deck was "normal" and I didn't object to having to rig the running backs.