Re: Rebuild genoa furler yes or no

eric freedman

From: sailormon [mailto:kimberlite@...]
Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2018 9:56 PM
To: 'amelyachtowners@...'
Subject: RE: Rebuild genoa furler yes or no

Sorry wrong subject

David,

I had the genoa furler serviced by Amel in Martinique in November.

The gears were fine however they replaced 5 bearings and 9 seals or the other way around. They also replaced the electrical wire. The cost was 1200- euros. However this was while Amel was changing my rigging.

The cost was about 10,000 euros.

You will have to pat the rigger to remove the headstay and the motor and then replace the grease in the foil and mount the motor again. I would strongly suggest you have this done. Removing the motor from the headstay is a serious project.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376