Re: Rebuild genoa furler yes or no

eric freedman

Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2018 9:56 PM
To: 'amelyachtowners@...'
Subject: RE: Rebuild genoa furler yes or no

Sorry wrong subject

David,

I had the genoa furler serviced by Amel in Martinique in November.

The gears were fine however they replaced 5 bearings and 9 seals or the other way around. They also replaced the electrical wire. The cost was 1200- euros. However this was while Amel was changing my rigging.

The cost was about 10,000 euros.

You will have to pat the rigger to remove the headstay and the motor and then replace the grease in the foil and mount the motor again. I would strongly suggest you have this done. Removing the motor from the headstay is a serious project.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2018 12:57 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: St Martin

Hi Porter,

Sorry - dropped by, but missed you.  Hope things are going well in Martinique.

Our standing rigging has arrived - finally.  If was made-up and shipped by ACMO in good time, but we opted to piggy-back our pallet into a container, that was scheduled for a good connection by sea-freight from Z-Spars in France to FKG here in SXM.  We saved a stack of money over air-freight (3 days), but somehow the container was delayed out of France by 4 weeks . . .   

Anyway, after we finish here, we will be skipping down-chain, with the mandatory stop in AMEL HQ in MQ - for a little AMEL-specific spares & service, and maybe a rig-check.  Still pondering whether to service the Genoa Furler there.

Anyway, hope to catch up somewhere down the track.

Best,

David

Perigee, SM#396

Back in St Maarten, after Easter in St Baarths

On Thursday, 22 March 2018, 7:35, "Porter McRoberts portermcroberts@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

David!  

Hello. We’re over in the IWW Marina. Provisioning and deciding on new sails. 

Looks like you’re wearing out your Visa card!!

Went to FKG yesterday. Looks like a serious outfit!!

What wind gen are you thinking?  

Please stop by if you’re  around. 

We leave probably sat or Sunday for Martinique and a haulout Tuesday. 

What are your Sailing plans after the refit?

Good to hear from you

Porter

Excuse the errors.  

Sent from my IPhone 

On Mar 21, 2018, at 4:01 PM, dbv_au@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Porter, 

Where are you?  We are in anchored the lagoon, Dutch side, awaiting our standing rigging, which we are doing with FKG.  Plus a host of other projects kicking in while the masts will be off (wind gen on mizzen, VHF & AIS aerials,  N2K wind sensors, cabling, new A/P, and so on).

Cheers,

David
Perigee, SM#396

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.