Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] satellite service providers

Porter McRoberts

Completely agree Steve.
We have exactly the same and now working great with a good external antenna connection.
Porter
Ibis54-152

Excuse the errors.
Sent from my IPhone

On Apr 11, 2018, at 1:24 PM, Stephen Davis flyboyscd@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Actually Kent, it’s not difficult at all. We keep our phones sitting on the nav station where our Go is on its mount, and right next to EPIRB #2 (#1 is already in ditch bag). We would just grab the EPIRB, GO, both phones, and toss them in the ditch bag on the way out.. If you don’t have the 10 seconds it requires to do that, I’m guessing you are having such a bad day, it won’t matter anyway..

We really like the unlimited data, texting, and 150 minutes of talk time a month we get at a very reasonable cost. On our recently completed 5000 mile passage to Hawaii, it worked flawlessly, as it has for the previous 3 years. It is really nice to collect lots of weather data twice a day, call Mom and Dad once in a while to reassure them we are fine, txt with friends to pass the time on watch, and not worry about how much data you are using.

Hope you guys are doing well, and sailing in some beautiful part of the world.

Aloha,

Steve
Aloha SM 72
KoOlina, Hawaii

On Apr 11, 2018, at 03:06, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks Mark & Bill.  I guess if I had to abandon ship and grabbed my Iridium phone, I could call for help.  Harder if you have to have a phone too.

Kent
S/V Kristy
SM 243