Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: satellite service providers

James Cromie

Thanks for the recommendations Bill and Kent.

James

On Apr 9, 2018, at 5:13 PM, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I am pretty sure everybody here is happy to answer any questions even most remotely related to sailing.  After all the alternative would be to send you to someplace like the cruisersforum, and friends don't do that.

We sourced our IridiumGo service through the SatPhoneStore.com (Atlantic RadioTelephone, Inc. in Miami).

The only interaction we had with them was at one point a credit card expired, and they went out of their way to contact us to help sort it out.  Other than that, they take our money, the phone works... I guess that's the best service of all?

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Grand Cay, Abacos, Bahamas

---In amelyachtowners@..., wrote :

Hello Amel owners -

This is a off-topic for Amel-specific issues, but I'd like to ask for recommendations regarding service providers for satellite communication.

I have used BlueCosmo for my Iridium Go, and I have been dissatisfied with the service.  I would not use this provider in the future.

I appreciate the input of anyone willing to give some advice!

James

Soteria SM347