"Bird Cage" TV Antenna

Duane Siegfri

Just an FYI -

Our TV reception has always been terrible, to the point we don't bother turning it on.  While installing a new masthead wind/weather station I removed it, and disassembled it on deck. After taking off the white plastic shroud I found the guts completely rusted out.  There is a mild steel plate inside that the "bird cage" is connected to, and that plate is then connected to the antenna wire.  With the mild steel plate completely rusted there is no connection, thus no antenna.  After all, it is 12 years old in a marine environment.

Duane

Wanderer, SM#477