Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] 2nd Forestay on Super Maramu

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Paul,

I would think you would change sails as often with a 130/155 combination as I do with a 90/155 and you would not have the advantage of a genuine heavy weather sail on board. The 130 would not replace the 155. If your 155 is towards the end of it's life I wonder if you should consider a new one along the lines I talked about. I furl all the time and once Doyles built me the right sail I got good results. Interestingly when my old 155 was over 40,000 miles old and well past its best I got better performance from the 90,even in 10 knots, other than down wind so it was used most of the time.

Kind Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 14 April 2018 at 21:54 "osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill, Danny

Thank you for your input.
I know my genoa have room for improvement, maybe we invest in a new 130% genoa to use when sailing in areas where strong winds are common.  Do not fancy changing sails under way.
Paul on S/Y Kerpa SM#259