Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: b&g wind speed indicator [1 Attachment]

Seckin,

Your B&G 213 Mast Head Unit (MHU) is probably original and over 20 years old. Others are correct that the speed sensor needs to be replaced because the tiny bearing is bad. The speed sensor is about 100 Euro.

I think you should consider replacing the entire 213MHU. It will cost you about 1200 Euro. It is also possible that the mount will be corroded...it will cost about 300 Euro. It comes with 25 meters of cable.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018, 07:53 Seckin Barlas seckinbar@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from Seckin Barlas included below]

Sorry;
I forgot to attach the image…

On 16 Apr 2018, at 15:51, Seckin Barlas <seckinbar@...> wrote:

Dear All;

Our SM wind speed indicator in not working.
The direction is working but the indicator in the top of the mast is locked and is barely can be moved by hand.
Our boat is year 1992 hull #76.

The insturements are B&G.
In the attached file you can see the display system. (Maybe you need to understand the model number…etc)

How can we fix it?
Do I need to replace the system?
Anyone knows the model number?

Thanks in advance;