Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Propane switch

Patrick McAneny

Eric , I don't have a dedicated breaker for it , nor would expect to with its low amperage. Do you know what breaker it is connected to , I can not trace it as it is in a bundle of probably 40 wires. I would like to find the source to check the connection.
Thanks Again,
Pat SM#123

-----Original Message-----
From: 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Thu, Apr 19, 2018 2:27 pm
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Propane switch

I forgot to say that if the red light does not go on . I would put a jumper across the circuit breaker and see if the red light goes on. If it does , then it is the circuit breaker
If the red light goes does go on without jumping the breaker, have someone go to the gas locker and have them put their hand on the solenoid. If they do not feel the solenoid actuate. It is the solenoid.
Fair Winds
Eric
Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2018 2:14 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Propane switch

Hi Pat,
Does the red light go on when you turn on the switch?
Fair Winds
Eric
Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2018 8:37 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Propane switch

I am trying to troubleshoot a problem . My propane switch failed to deliver propane , I assumed it was the solenoid , but I don't detect electric to the back of the switch. Above the galley there is what looks like a heat sink with GAS written next to it . Is this the source of electric to the switch? There is 24v in and out. Can someone tell me the power source, its hard to trace the wires , actually impossible, I  wish they were labeled.I think I need to buy a wire tracer , is there one recommended .
Thanks,
Pat SM#123

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.