Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Propane switch

Pat, I am fairly certain that your boat originally came with a manual valve, only...and that the solenoid on your boat was added later by someone. I recall another SM close to your hull number that had no solenoid, only the manual valve. Although I am not 100% sure that boat was unchanged, I believe it was original. In any case, Eric's SM is definitely different from yours. Eric's SM and those later had a dedicated breaker on the 24V panel which had a red light next to it.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 7:41 AM, Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Eric, My problem is that I don't know what breaker feeds the switch , as I said I cannot trace the wires back , and yes ," No" meant the light does not come on. I think I will purchase a wire tracker and sort it out . Bill , I have a brown manual switch labeled Gaz for butane and a white switch with a red light recessed in the bulkhead. The backside of the switch in the lazzerette has a plastic cover over it. I have no way of knowing if it is Amel installed or not. It always worked , until it didn't.

Thanks ,
Pat SM#123

From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com]
Se nt: Thursday, April 19, 2018 8:37 AM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Propane switch

I am trying to troubleshoot a problem . My propane switch failed to deliver propane , I assumed it was the solenoid , but I don't detect electric to the back of the switch. Above the galley there is what looks like a heat sink with GAS written next to it . Is this the source of electric to the switch? There is 24v in and out. Can someone tell me the power source, its hard to trace the wires , actually impossible, I  wish they were labeled.I think I need to buy a wire tracer , is there one recommended .
Thanks,
Pat SM#123