Re: The mistery slick

Ian Park

When I had the engine mounts replaced and other work done on the engine in Martinique, the Amel engineer started it and told me I would either need to clean the injectors or preferably put in new ones (but not out here! They’re too expensive. Get them in Europe). Reason = he said look at the exhaust, there are traces of diesel coming out with the water - dirty injectors.

It would be worth verifying this, either from other owners with more experience or an engineer. My Perkins has done 5,500 miles now.

Ian

Ocean Hobo SN 96 Antigua.