Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Oman Generator

James Studdart

Hi,
I suppose it could be the timed circuit breaker in the shore/gen change over box is not it working well/on its way out. I’m not sure how those components fail, but if the timing is consistent (but lengthening) then that would be my first suspicion.

Cheers,
James.
SeaBean SM344
Raiatea, FP

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 06:04 Heinz Stutenbäumer heinz@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Bill

Thank you for your reply.

My green lamp works very well.

Even with a measuring device at the socket I cannot determine that 220V are produced in the first 5 minutes. Or is it the case that if the green lamp is not lit, the power is not transmitted.

This would mean it works if I remove the green lamp?

Fair winds Heinz

SM 2000 292 Quetzal

Von: amelyachtowners@... <amelyachtowners@...>
Gesendet: Montag, 23. April 2018 10:19
An: amelyachtowners@...
Betreff: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Oman Generator

It is very common for this light to fail. In fact I believe it would be unusual to find an original green AC light working on a SM. The light has a life of about 6-8 years. 

Rather than replacing the bulb, you should add a digital Volt/Amp/Hertz meter. This meter will ensure shore power delivery and help you to NOT overload shore power, or the generator.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018, 11:30 'Stutenbaeumer.Berlin' heinz@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello all

I have an onan generator on my SM 2000 that also works very well.
Since a few weeks I have the problem that the display for 220 V only lights up after the generator has been running for 5 to 10 minutes.
I have the feeling that this period of time is getting longer and longer.
Does anyone know this problem and does anyone know an answer?
I'd be grateful for any clues.

Fair Winds
Heinz Stutenbäumer,SM2000, 292, SV QUETZAL

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.