Locking companionway cover

Zanareva

In an effort to add a little better security to the existing
companionway, I've built a fiberglass cover that locks into installed
u-bolts on either side of the companionway. About 9 layers of
fiberglass were laid up over an aluminum tube for this cover and I
epoxied and glassed in several pieces of stainless steel stock on the
underside for additional protection from someone attempting to cut
into the cover. Cover is very stiff, especially the top curved
section, yet still pretty light. Photos posted in my album "1989 Super
Maramu"

Richard Tate
SM #5 "Spice"