Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] sacrificial anode / locking system for wheel

David Wallace

Deb

I had my Perkins 4.154 rebuilt last September and the mechanic when asked told me there was no sacrificial anode on the engine or cooling system. I have an engine manual and could find no reference in it either.

Can't help on the wheel lock, except there is a friction adjusting knob directly under the wheel shaft housing, but can't say if it can be tightened enough to lock the wheel in place.

I traded emails with John last fall when he provided some very helpful advice on installing a bow thruster on Air Ops. Please tell him that I ended up having a Sidepower SP95Ti installed, the largest one (8HP) with a 7.5 inch tunnel. We did not put a battery in the bow but rather ran 4/0 cable, which was an easy task actually. We also bought the radio remote control unit, which is connected at the bow end to also run the windlass. That'sbeen a great feature when raising the anchor after anchoring in sea grass. It all works great and was well worth the investment.

Dave
s/v Air Ops
Maramu #104

To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 12:43:12 +0000
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] sacrificial anode / locking system for wheel

We have a Maramu which we are currently refitting and I have two

queries which I would really appreciate some feedback on if possible.

Could anyone tell me if there is a sacrificial anode in the cooling

system in the Perkins engine, ours is a Perkins 60 hp.

Also, has anyone fitted a locking system for the helm? We are looking

to install wind vane steering in preparation for a circumnavigation and

any thoughts/experiences would be really useful.

Deb

Orion1 (Maramu #42)

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.