Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Jib car removal

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Hi Bill:

Yes I considered amputating the track but there are two anchor screws in the track aft of the bolt and I would have been left with discolored gelcoat and screw holes where the amputated track was. Additionally, I wondered if Amel knew something that I didn’t regarding structural strength so I chose to be minimally invasive.  Still it was an emotional challenge to cut into my boat like this.
I am thinking of trying to use some clear Alodine treatment on the raw edges of the aluminum for corrosion control.

Gary