Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Steering stiffness (but not from rudder) ?

smiles bernard

Thanks for this Bill.
It gives me confidence to have a go at dismantling the rack and pinion unit.
Looks like the SM has a very similar steering system
Another idea from James is that the clutch on the autopilot is not disengaging properly which would be an easier if potentially costly fix.

Does anyone know if and how the morse steering cables them selves are lubricated?

Thanks again?
Miles

On 27 Apr 2018, at 23:55, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Miles,

We haven't had any problem with the steering, but Harmonie's previous owners did.  You might find their blog post about the issue and the pictures helpful...

[Just noticed the blog posting address number after pasting it here...  I hope it isn't an omen for you!]

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Eleuthera, Bahamas