From: amelliahona
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Sat, Apr 28, 2018 2:20 am
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Jib car removal

Hi Pat  I had the same thought as you, i.e. remove only one side.  Didn’t work, the “grip” of the car is so close tolerance that it can’t be rotated enough to slide off laterally from the remaining side of the “T”.  I incrementally whittled away at the sides of the “T” and found that only about 1/32 to 1/16th inch of the “T” top could be left in place on each side of the vertical web portion of the track.

Don’t forget to protect the gel coat & metal parts from slips of the grinder.  I used an angle grinder for bulk work & Dremmel tool cut off wheels & grinding bits for closer tolerance work, finishing off with hand files.

All the best,
Gary S. Silver
s/v Liahona
 AMEL SM 2000 # 335