Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] sacrificial anode / locking system for wheel

Hi Deb, When we had a Maramu ( wonderful boat!) we fitted a U bolt just to the right of the wheel so that we could clip our harness on whist still below. If you position the U bolt at the height of the centre of the wheel then its a simple job to tie a piece of webbing through the U bolt and the wheel and lock it off that way. We use a short piece of webbing which ends in velcro--easy to take off in a hurry.
We have done the same on our Supermaramu and use it to fix the helm when at anchor.
Cheers, Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000004ukm/direct/01/