Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Steering stiffness (but not from rudder) ?

smiles bernard

Thanks for this Graham and great to talk earlier

Looks like I’ll be dismantling the rack and pinion and trying to lube the troublesome cable

I’ve also sent an email to Amel on the very slim chance they still have a few buried in stores somewhere or as you suggested the Super Maramu cables and cable ends are the same just longer!

Failing that I might post a separate thread on the forum to see if anyone has had experience of sourcing new cables.

Thanks again for your help

Miles

On 28 Apr 2018, at 18:19, grahamjohnston42@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Miles,
I stripped down your steering when in Lanzarote. The rack is perfect and the problem is that one of the cables is stiff.
I left you a message on your mobile earlier if you would like more info.
Graham