Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Volvos.......

ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@hotmail.com>

James,

Thanks. The mystery continues, but we have a mechanic recommended here so we will see what he has to say about it.

Incidentally, there is a Volvo customer help line to which you can email an issue. I've done that. Silence so far.

Ian

From: amelyachtowners@... on behalf of James Alton lokiyawl2@... [amelyachtowners]
Sent: 28 April 2018 16:23:44
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Volvos.......

Ian,

The diesel engine governors that I am familiar with mechanically limit the engine RPM to a preset level by reducing the throttle setting.  If you are getting full revs. in neutral but not under load, I doubt that the governor is your problem.  I am sure that you will get more specific help here from others with the possible causes of your low revs.

Best of luck,

James

SV Sueño
Maramu #220 
On Apr 28, 2018, at 10:56 AM, Ian & Judy ianjudyjenkins@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill,

Do you have the 78hp Volvo with a governor ?  Can you tell me how the governor works--and what might upset it ?

Ian

Sent: 27 April 2018 09:23:23
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Volvos.......

Thanks, Bill,

Alas....in neutral the revs do what they oughta do.

I will have to risk  trying the local Volvo agent.

Incidentally, to anyone who has had Volvo work done near Athens, does Mantalas Kyriakos have a decent reputation ?      Anyone else ?

Ian

Pen Azen, SM 302, Athens, Greece

From: amelyachtowners@... <amelyachtowners@...> on behalf of greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: 26 April 2018 19:52:36
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Volvos.......

Ian,

Will the engine run at 2800 rpm unloaded (in netural)?

If NOT, the answer is not fuel starvation (because that would take very little fuel) but a possible problem with the injection pump or speed governor.

If YES, then...  I am not sure...

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Somewhere around Eleuthera, Bahamas

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.