James
SV Sueño
Maramu #220

On Apr 29, 2018, at 9:52 AM, Ian & Judy ianjudyjenkins@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi James, ( or anyone else )

If you are on board and have the same 75hp  Volvo as I have, can you put on full revs in neutral and let me know what revs you reach ?

Thanks,

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Athens

From: amelyachtowners@... <amelyachtowners@...> on behalf of James Alton lokiyawl2@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: 28 April 2018 16:23:44
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Volvos.......

Ian,

 The diesel engine governors that I am familiar with mechanically limit the engine RPM to a preset level by reducing the throttle setting.  If you are getting full revs. in neutral but not under load, I doubt that the governor is your problem.  I am sure that you will get more specific help here from others with the possible causes of your low revs.

Best of luck,

James

SV Sueño
Maramu #220
On Apr 28, 2018, at 10:56 AM, Ian & Judy ianjudyjenkins@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill,

  Do you have the 78hp Volvo with a governor ?  Can you tell me how the governor works--and what might upset it ?

Ian