SV Sueño
Maramu #220
Arbatax, Sardinia

On Apr 29, 2018, at 12:59 PM, Ian & Judy ianjudyjenkins@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks, James,

You may have seen my exchange with Bill. I think I may be getting somewhere.

We've always had a great experience with our Autoprop  which is spinning freely.  I have been amazed that it was able to work at all on a couple of occasions when we have left the boat in foul waters, once in Brasil and once in Spain.  Both times you couldn't see any metal for mussels, but we still managed to limp along at 3-4 knots to a cleaning place. In Brasil, which has a lot of shark attacks that are kept out of the news, that meant spending too much time under the boat about 10 miles offshore. You would be amazed how quickly you can clean a prop.

I hope to post a happy ending to this story soon.

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Athens

From: amelyachtowners@... <amelyachtowners@...> on behalf of James Alton lokiyawl2@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: 29 April 2018 16:09:35
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Volvos.......

Ian and Judy,

   Sorry, I don’t have the same engine but hopefully someone else will answer that question for you.

   In general, if your engine is reaching your normal full throttle loaded rpm in neutral but you are 700 short under load of what is normal, either the load is higher than it used to be or the power output has dropped for some reason.  You indicate that the prop is perfectly clean but perhaps it is not auto pitching properly for some reason?  There has been a lot of discussion on the Auto-prop (which I do not have on my boat) on the forum that you could bring up by searching.

Best of luck and I hope that you get more help with this problem,

James
SV Sueño
Maramu #220

On Apr 29, 2018, at 9:52 AM, Ian & Judy ianjudyjenkins@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi James, ( or anyone else )

If you are on board and have the same 75hp  Volvo as I have, can you put on full revs in neutral and let me know what revs you reach ?

Thanks,

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Athens