Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Volvos.......

ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@hotmail.com>

Thanks, Dieter,

I haven't see this gadget before--I had always assumed that a  tacho would be accurate.

My mechanic comes soon. His first thoughts are that it could be the fuel pump rather than the injection pump.

We will see.

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Zea Marina, Piraeus

From: amelyachtowners@... on behalf of 'INUS Busch' inusbusch@... [amelyachtowners]
Sent: 30 April 2018 11:09:00
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: AW: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Volvos.......

Hi,

here is what I did in order to control the installed tachometer: I bought this instrument

https://www.conrad.de/de/drehzahlmesser-voltcraft-dt-10l-werksstandard-ohne-zertifikat-122624.html

You only have to fix the delivered reflective mark on a turning part of the motor and via the laser of the instrument you

get contactless the correct rotational speed. Its very easy and I found out that I had to adjust my tachometer.

Just my 2 cents.

Dieter

Fal-lera Sharki #135

Von: amelyachtowners@...
Gesendet: Sonntag, 29. April 2018 23:36
An: amelyachtowners@...
Betreff: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Volvos....... [1 Attachment]

[Attachment(s) from greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] included below]

According to my shop manual the maximum no-load speed is coded into the "setting code" on the injection pump.

The manual says:  

"A typical setting code is 2643H000CE/1/3200  In this example the maximum speed is 3200 rpm."

The setting code on my engine is 2643H058BE/1/5150  which would indicate the the correct no-load maximum speed is 5150 RPM.  

The code is stamped into a label on the side of the injection pump...  like the (hopefully) attached photo.

If yours is the same, I am not sure I see the problem yet..

Whenever you are checking the rotational speed of the engine for critical adjustments, be sure you do not trust the installed tachometer.  They can be wildly inaccurate.

Bill Kinney

SM160, Harmonie

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.