Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Racor filter

Hi Stefano,

I have twin Racors and have used both 5 and 10 micron without a problem. Engineers have told me that 5 is unnecessary and would put a strain on the pump but I think other Amel users have used 5.

 Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Piraeus

From: amelyachtowners@... on behalf of Stefano Biffi cptbiffi@... [amelyachtowners]
Sent: 30 April 2018 15:54:21
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Racor filter

Dear SM owners, my lady is hull 185 with Volvo engine. She was born in 1997 with single fuel filter and I will upgrade with a double Racor  filter. I received different offer, different option like 75/1000 with cartridges 30 micron or 75/900/MA. I understood that if I put 10 micron I will stop more dirty but I have no ideas if I will reduce the flow of diesel to the engine. Any one of you did the same modification, which model and which cartridge are you using with Volvo TMD 22B
Thanks for your experience

Stefano
N'EVEREST SM185
now in Magra river  Italy