Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Racor filter

Stefano,

Racor, the largest maker of these filters recommend 30 micron. Normally the OEM engine filter is 10 micron. I sent you via private email 3 pages from the Amel School book on this subject.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 5:54 PM, Stefano Biffi cptbiffi@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Dear SM owners, my lady is hull 185 with Volvo engine. She was born in 1997 with single fuel filter and I will upgrade with a double Racor filter. I received different offer, different option like 75/1000 with cartridges 30 micron or 75/900/MA. I understood that if I put 10 micron I will stop more dirty but I have no ideas if I will reduce the flow of diesel to the engine. Any one of you did the same modification, which model and which cartridge are you using with Volvo TMD 22B
Thanks for your experience

Stefano
N'EVEREST SM185
now in Magra river Italy