Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Exhaust elbow and cooling

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi pat. If it was blocked enough to significantly slow the salt water flow I guess it could. The fact that now the motor runs cooler seems to suggest that to be the case

Regards

Danny

SM  299

Ocean Pearl

On 05 May 2018 at 07:18 "sailw32@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I think my boat has been running hot for for a couple of years . I just ran it for about 45 minutes after launching and it ran much cooler than previously. The only thing I have done , is that I cleaned the exhaust elbow, it was not that bad. However I also reamed out the channel that I believe water passes through. My question... If that channel is partially blocked would that result in the engine runner hotter.

Thanks,
Pat SM#123