Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Rivets for Head sail furling foil

VLADIMIR SONSEV

James,

The rivets were drilled out. The holes are 7 mm diameter. 1/4" diameter rivets are small for 7mm holls, but I can't  find rivets that are 7 mm in diameter.

Does anybody have a drawing of a threaded backing plate that can be inserted in the foil? Perhaps using screws and the backing plats are the best sollution. Does Amel sell the backing plats?

Vladimir
S/V "Life is Good"
SM 345

On Sun, May 6, 2018, 23:42 James Alton lokiyawl2@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Kent,

   Can you tell me if the 1/4” rivets fit the original holes in your furler, or did you need to drill them out some?   I will be changing my headstay this year so need to drill out the rivets and would like to bring the correct size with me to the boat.

Thanks,

James
SV Sueño
Maramu #220

On May 6, 2018, at 10:39 PM, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I used1/4 inch rivets.  No problems with installation or in the 3 years since

Kent
SM 243
KRISTY