Heinz Stutenbaeumer

Von: Heinz Stutenbäumer
Gesendet: Montag, 7. Mai 2018 10:31
An: 'Bill Rouse'
Betreff: AW: [Amel Yacht Owners] Oman Generator

Hallo

First Thanks to all.

Bill You are rigth

There is a breaker in the relay Blue it was not in so I've blocked it, and I've established

It should work this way for a while until I have a replacement.

I am sorry that I only answered today but I had no or bad Internett

Fair Winds

Heinz SM2000 292 Quetzal

Von: Bill Rouse
Gesendet: Montag, 30. April 2018 08:09
An: Stutenbaeumer.Berlin
Betreff: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Oman Generator

The shore power/generator relay inside this box probably needs replacing. Do Not Delay because it can overheat and cause a fire.

An electrician could bypass the relay, but you would need to add a switch to have shore power and/or generator power:

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  
http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 1:28 PM, Stutenbaeumer.Berlin <heinz@...> wrote:

Thank you for your answers. 

I'm afraid I haven't had Internet access in the last few days. 

I am now in Curracao for a few days on the way to Panama 

The generator now needs 10 minutes before it produces 220 V. 

The fan in the engine compartment starts immediately when I switch on the generator. 

I only have 220 V on my sockets after 10 minutes. 

This is also the moment when the green light flashes continuously. 1 Min before it start to flicker first. 

I noticed that if I switch on a consumer too fast the 220 V current flow stops again and I have to wait again 2 minutes. 

I would be grateful for any suggestions. 

Fair Winds 

Heinz SM2000, 292,  Quetzal 

Am 23.04.2018 um 14:01 schrieb Bill Rouse <brouse@...>:

Please tell me if the 220VAC exhaust fan above the generator is working within about 5-10 seconds of starting the Onan. 

Also, please tell me if you are getting 220VAC at your outlets within about 5-10 seconds of starting the Onan. 

Am 23.04.2018 um 14:01 schrieb Bill Rouse <brouse@...>:

Heinz, 

Let me try to help you with this problem as though you are a client of Amel School (www.amelschool.com).

You wrote only about the green light not working and did not indicate that 220VAC was not working.

If 220VAC is not working at your outlets for a few minutes, it is likely that the generator/shore power relay is not working correctly.

Please tell me if the 220VAC exhaust fan above the generator is working within about 5-10 seconds of starting the Onan. 

Also, please tell me if you are getting 220VAC at your outlets within about 5-10 seconds of starting the Onan. 

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018, 14:04 Heinz Stutenbäumer heinz@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Bill

Thank you for your reply.

My green lamp works very well.

Even with a measuring device at the socket I cannot determine that 220V are produced in the first 5 minutes. Or is it the case that if the green lamp is not lit, the power is not transmitted.

This would mean it works if I remove the green lamp?

Fair winds Heinz

SM 2000 292 Quetzal

Von: amelyachtowners@... <amelyachtowners@...>
Gesendet: Montag, 23. April 2018 10:19
An: amelyachtowners@...
Betreff: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Oman Generator

It is very common for this light to fail. In fact I believe it would be unusual to find an original green AC light working on a SM. The light has a life of about 6-8 years. 

Rather than replacing the bulb, you should add a digital Volt/Amp/Hertz meter. This meter will ensure shore power delivery and help you to NOT overload shore power, or the generator.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018, 11:30 'Stutenbaeumer.Berlin' heinz@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello all

I have an onan generator on my SM 2000 that also works very well.
Since a few weeks I have the problem that the display for 220 V only lights up after the generator has been running for 5 to 10 minutes.
I have the feeling that this period of time is getting longer and longer.
Does anyone know this problem and does anyone know an answer?
I'd be grateful for any clues.

Fair Winds
Heinz Stutenbäumer,SM2000, 292, SV QUETZAL

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.