Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Volvo TMD22A specs
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 7:01 AM

I have been given a quote from
Flexofold and they described the Volvo TMD22a as 78 hp. at
4500 rpm. I can not find the specs anywhere on the internet
. Can anyone tell me where I can find them. If it correct
than I never get near 78hp. as I never get beyond 2900 rpm.
I presently have a fixed prop that came with the boat,being
a1994 my keel was not modified to accept the Autoprop. They
also stated my gear reduction ratio as 1:2,74 , does that
sound right , I could not find it on the label on the
transmission ? My fixed prop is 21x16 -55 LH . and they are
recommending a 20x12- 3R I don't know what the 55 or 3
stand for ? There recommendation seems like quite a
departure from my fixed prop in regards to size/pitch .
Maybe that is comparing apples and
oranges.Thanks,Pat
SM#123