Frigoboat AV35F

John Clark

Hi All,

  My salon bench frig/freezer seems to have “retired.”  Luckily we where eating our way to the bottom of the freezer for cleaning when this occurred so we were able to relocate the little remaining perishable food to the other box.  I am looking at replacing the compressor unit with the Frigoboat AV 35F (part# E50025X) see at the link: http://www.penguinfrigo.co.uk/shop/product/280/

We are currently in St Thomas USVI.  Our next stop is St. Maarten followed by island hopping to Martinique . If anyone has any advice on replacement before I commit to the purchase, I am all ears.

 FYI for the techies:  I am pretty sure the compressor is the part that has failed as it blows the 7.5amp fuse on the freezer control box under the seat.  The fuse does not blow if the compressor is disconnected.  The compressor windings are not shorted, reading 4.8 ohms each and open with respect to the compressor housing.  According to the manufacturer this is higher resistance than normal.    Fuse blows instantly when power is applied.  With compressor out of the circuit, the fuse does not blow and after 2 seconds the cooling fan starts.  The current unit I believe is original to the boat, and is a Frigoboat AV24.

               Regards,  John

SV Annie, SM 37

Druif Bay , Water Island USVI