Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Main sheet boom slider broken

I believe that the SM boom changed during the SM production. A close comparison and accurate measurements need to be made to be assured that one size fits all.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Wed, May 9, 2018, 14:02 Stephen Morrison steve_morrison@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I found my invoice from N&U and I paid 480 to have the flange made. It is 36” long and has stainless inserts in the attachment holes and holes drilled in the underside to screw to the track after you slide the T-track on. I would imagine Houston’s rate would go down if several were prepared at the same time. I am very pleased with it.

Steve Morrison
SM380 TouRai
Hilton Head, SC

On May 9, 2018, at 2:26 PM, Bill Rouse brouse@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Steve,

That is a perfect solution. I wonder if N&U could make that and ship it anywhere. At the age of many SMs this is going to happen more often.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Tue, May 8, 2018, 11:31 Stephen Morrison steve_morrison@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from Stephen Morrison included below]

Hi Kent,

I had the same crack when I bought TouRai and had it separate from the boom entirely on my first move from Lauderdale to Brunswick, GA. I had Houston from Nance and Underwood in Lauderdale make a new fitting that put all three attachment points on a single, much more substantial fitting. It slides in to the original T-track and has several screws that hold it in place along the track like the originals. I am very happy with it and have tremendously more confidence in it that the original separate fittings. I brought them my boom as there was damage to my track, but I suspect he could make one for you remotely as well.

All the best,
Steve Morrison
SM380 TouRai
Hilton Head, SC

image1.jpeg

On May 8, 2018, at 12:11 PM, karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi all,
I just discovered that the main sheet connector at the boom is cracked/broken. The “T” has broken from the vertical part. Pics attached. Does anyone know who makes this part, size or part number?

What is it called?

Thanks, as usual, for any help.
Kent
SN 243