Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: SM Prop Shaft Seal direction and Bush***RESPONSE TO *** IMPORTANT RESPONSE***

If the change in the weight of the oil slows the prop shaft, you have engine problems.

I am sure you don't have engine problems...you will be fine.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 3:19 PM, Ian parkianj@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Craig
I am waiting in anticipation. Amel Martinique’s replaced mine 2 years ago (but we missed last season’s cruising). However I already had the parts which included a phosphor bronze copy of the wearing out bushing. An engineer friend of my son had looked at the schematic drawings of the whole set up and suggested£ that it would work better with a harder material. The seals were put in the way you stated with two facing the water..
In the meantime I’m keeping an eye on the colour of the oil........
Still don’t know whether changing to SAE 90 would slow down the prop shaft alternator. Anyone got a professional view?

Ian
Ocean Hobo SN96 Isles des Saintes