Re: Volvo TMD22A specs

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...>
To: Reply to group <amelyachtowners@...>
Date: 10 May 2018 at 12:30
Subject: Re: Volvo TMD22A specs

Hi Pat.

Welcome to the confusion club. Many of us have been there and are the wiser for it. 2800 rpm is the correct under load revs for the Tmd  22.  It will cheerfully rev to over 4000 no load. However if the waste gate on the turbo is siezed the motor will over turbo and do 4000 rpm inder load. Accidently sent. Continue. Thinking hey this is great I ran it up like that and after I had destroyed the piston rings I found my error. Then I had two choices. Over haul or new motor. I got a new motor. Learn from us 2800 is it. And check the waste gate regularly.regards. Danny. Sm  299 Ocean pearl