Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Hull keel join weeping on a super maramu 2000

Stephen Davis

Hi Mike,

Congratulations on joining a great group of owners with Amels. Yes, this repair is a bit unusual, as it would take a lot of force to damage this area on an SM. You will need to describe what happened, and what was done to repair this in a bit more detail before we can comment.  There are some very knowledgeable owners who are active on this forum who can probably help you determine how serious this might be. Unless a surveyor is very familiar with the SM, and how they are constructed, I may not completely trust what they have to say about it. I would hold off closing on this deal until you can tell us more about the damage and repair, and hear back from some of the more knowledgeable owners about how serious it may be.

Best Regards,

Steve Davis
Aloha SM72
Ko Olina, Hawaii

On May 9, 2018, at 14:43, mfw642000@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi. I am going through the pre purchase process on a SM2000. About 12 months ago one side of the hull to keel joint was repaired. I am interested in knowing if this is an unusual thing to have happened. It is a year 2000 build. I am going to have a surveyor go over it as well. As we have a contact in place to purchase .
Soon to be new owners.
Mike