Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] SM Prop Shaft Seal direction and Bush*** IMPORTANT RESPONSE***

Alexandre Uster von Baar

I also strongly disagree with the rude and unnecessary words by Rink.

On Thu, 5/10/18, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS simms@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] SM Prop Shaft Seal direction and Bush*** IMPORTANT RESPONSE***
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 2:50 PM

Hi Rink, I cant agree with you on this. Nor do I
think an insulting crack at Texans is appropriate. Bill is
always consistent. Polite, firm and unwavering. It does us
no harm to have such a strong Amel advocate. Anyone who
wishes can ignore him. As well as being sound advice,
retaining the "fleet" as near to original is doing
us all a big favor as it maintains the value of our unique
vessels. Because of the work he does Bill has seen instances
of modified Amels that have turned out less than
satisfactory. I know of one new owner who has spent a small
fortune replacing failing/failed modifications to restore
the boat to Amel standard. As to the arches, personally I
think they are uglyBill, please keep up the good
workI will add two comments. Possibly  hours in
estruries or harbours like the Chesapeake and Delaware water
with suspended silt will cause more rapid wear,Secondly..oil
floats on water and I cannot see how oil could run or drip
out the bottom. My observation is that when the seals begin
to fail the oil level rises as well as becoming milky as the
volume is increased by the addition of
water.RegardsDannySM 299 Ocean
Pearl
On 11 May 2018 at 06:15 "Rink de Haan
rinkdehaan@... [amelyachtowners]"
<amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Dear
all. I think it is time for some action from our moderator.
The way Bill responds to a viable discussion doesn’t add
value to this forum. There us no such thing as the absolute
Amel way. Like for instance building an Emek arch on a 53.
Which for Sure is the absolute wrong Amel way. The way you
react Bill limits the interest of other Amel to interact,
which is against the purpose of this group. Texan anti
intellectual rudeness is not the standard of this
forumHope for better
timesRink de
HaanAmel 2k #330 Razors
Edge