Re: older Maramu - plumbing fixtures

billklein48 <sidecar1@...>

Ater tracing the water supply lines I found the pressure reglator
under the floorboards of the cockpit lazarette. My lazarette has
fore and aft compartments and another divider making a deep sections
near the cockpit and shallow ones near the hull. Under the front
deep section is the Indel water heater and under the rear deep
section was the pressure regulator. There were actually two
regulators. First was an electrical one which would cut power if a
preset pressure was reached and then there was a mechanical regulator
the same as the one in my home. The mechanical one had seized in the
closed off position causing the water flow to be obstructed. Both of
the regulators are unnecessary if you use a modern electonically
regulated pump. You will also find an accumulator plumbed in near the
regulator. This a bottle which merely stores the pressure in the
system so that you would have a rush of water even before the pump
was activated.

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, eric <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Hi would you please explain exactly where your pressure regulator
was
located?

Fair Winds,

Eric