Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] SM Prop Shaft Seal direction and Bush*** IMPORTANT RESPONSE***

Mohammad Shirloo

A bit late in the game but here’s my two cents worth.

One of the main issues that steered us towards an Amel was a proven design that has been field tested for decades, for the same type of sailing that we would want to do,. Off course as technology progresses new designs and better ideas develop. In the past few years that we have owned our 54, we have run into many people who have suggested better ways of doing things. However, for us, if it has not been proven in actual real life conditions over a long period of time, it is, for the most part, a theoretical improvement of the existing design.

The last thing we want to have on our mind when in a blow or severe conditions, is whether our “new and improved” design will work. We are extremely pleased with our decision and she has never let us down. I would whole heartedly second Bill’s advocacy of keeping with the original Amel design.

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

Amel 54 #099