Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] SM Prop Shaft Seal direction and Bush*** IMPORTANT RESPONSE***

Mohammad Shirloo

A bit late in the game but here’s my two cents worth.

One of the main issues that steered us towards an Amel was a proven design that has been field tested for decades, for the same type of sailing that we would want to do,. Off course as technology progresses new designs and better ideas develop. In the past few years that we have owned our 54, we have run into many people who have suggested better ways of doing things. However, for us, if it has not been proven in actual real life conditions over a long period of time, it is, for the most part, a theoretical improvement of the existing design.

The last thing we want to have on our mind when in a blow or severe conditions, is whether our “new and improved” design will work. We are extremely pleased with our decision and she has never let us down. I would whole heartedly second Bill’s advocacy of keeping with the original Amel design.

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

Amel 54 #099

Sent: Friday, May 11, 2018 3:21 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] SM Prop Shaft Seal direction and Bush*** IMPORTANT RESPONSE***

Bill contributes enormous value to this forum from a huge base of invaluable probably unparalleled knowledge.

Thank you for all your help over the years of my Amel ownership.

Very sadly Carango Amel 54 #035 is now for sale.

Peter

Peter Forbes

00447836 209730

On 11 May 2018, at 01:17, James Alton lokiyawl2@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Porter,

Well put..  Bill Rouse IMO deserves a lot more respect than he seems to be receiving from some.  He has been there to help just about anyone that needed it on countless occasions including myself.  

And while I am only coming into my third year as an Amel owner, I also feel that what is being called the “Amel-way” also deserves considerable respect which is backed by an amazing about of sailing miles and history.   

Best to all Amel owners,

James

SV Sueño

Maramu #220

On May 10, 2018, at 6:48 PM, Porter McRoberts portermcroberts@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I am with Alex, Danny et al. 

The time, consideration,  free and concomitantly priceless advice Bill Rouse has selflessly contributed to the forum is immeasurable. And this goes for many others too. 
We can’t get offended by some vigorous debate.   That’s one of the facets of the forum which makes it great!  

I rarely see right for right’s sake here. I am consistently impressed with the selfless and time consuming responses to help others who we may never meet!  

The contributions by Bill and other are so invaluable.  

Please keep it up!!!

Porter

Ibis. 54-152 Bonaire

Excuse the errors.  

Sent from my IPhone 

On May 10, 2018, at 4:05 PM, Alex Ramseyer alexramseyer@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Rink,

I don't agree.

Alex

SY NO STRESS
AMEL54

On Thursday, May 10, 2018, 3:53:51 PM GMT-4, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS simms@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Rink, I cant agree with you on this. Nor do I think an insulting crack at Texans is appropriate. Bill is always consistent. Polite, firm and unwavering. It does us no harm to have such a strong Amel advocate. Anyone who wishes can ignore him. As well as being sound advice, retaining the "fleet" as near to original is doing us all a big favor as it maintains the value of our unique vessels. Because of the work he does Bill has seen instances of modified Amels that have turned out less than satisfactory. I know of one new owner who has spent a small fortune replacing failing/failed modifications to restore the boat to Amel standard. As to the arches, personally I think they are ugly

Bill, please keep up the good work

I will add two comments. Possibly  hours in estruries or harbours like the Chesapeake and Delaware water with suspended silt will cause more rapid wear,Secondly..oil floats on water and I cannot see how oil could run or drip out the bottom. My observation is that when the seals begin to fail the oil level rises as well as becoming milky as the volume is increased by the addition of water.

Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 11 May 2018 at 06:15 "Rink de Haan rinkdehaan@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote: 

Dear all. I think it is time for some action from our moderator. The way Bill responds to a viable discussion doesn’t add value to this forum. There us no such thing as the absolute Amel way. Like for instance building an Emek arch on a 53. Which for Sure is the absolute wrong Amel way. The way you react Bill limits the interest of other Amel to interact, which is against the purpose of this group.. Texan anti intellectual rudeness is not the standard of this forum

Hope for better times

Rink de Haan

Amel 2k #330 Razors Edge

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.