rig tuning

Ryan Meador

Hi all,

I'm about to embark upon tuning up my rig, which I feel is a little loose, but I'd love some guidance on how to do that.  I've scoured the archives of this list and found many mentions of guides from both Joel Potter and Olivier Beaute, but I haven't been able to find them.  The best guide I've found thus far is this one.   Can anyone link me to the gold standard(s)?

Also, has anyone done the tuning in a more scientific way, with a Loos Gauge?  I'm struggling to understand via qualitative descriptions just how tight is tight.  I think a quantitative measurement would be very helpful.

And finally, how does one adjust the forestay tension?  I admittedly have not studied it in depth, but I didn't see a turnbuckle or any other obvious mechanism.

Thanks,
Ryan
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA