Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] ? 2-micron Racor fuel filters?

Rudolf Waldispuehl

Thank you Eric and Teun, - so it works with clean and/or pre-filtered Diesel.
Ruedi

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Am 18.05.2018 um 03:41 schrieb eric kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

I have been using a 2 micron filter since Kimberlite was made. We now have 5000+ hours on the engine.
I do use a fuel pre filter before the fuel goes into the tank.
Fair Winds,
Eric
Kimberlite SM 376

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 05:59 PM, Teun BAAS teun@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Hi Ruedi,

Just had this week a Sydney VOLVO mechanic on board to install the new engine.

I also had 1 “2 micron” filter on board while all the others were 10 micron;  he used that “2 micron” filter and told me that since my diesel was very clean it was no problem and I might as well use that filter now.

Best Regards Teun

AMELIT 54  #128

NOUMEA NEW CALEDONIA

May 18, 2018   08:56:41