Re: Genoa Track screws or bolts

Gary Wells

I'm gonna stick this out there .. when we were in Martinique we had a nice discussion with our neighbor boat and also with the tech (Jean?) at Amel about this track/car issue. I looked at a boat that had indeed augered off the forward end of the retaining rails and it worked for him. The Amel guy said it was possible to loosen the stanchion at the forward end of the track and bend it out of the way without any undue stress on the lifeline railing.
I did not try this, and don't know if it's viable (I managed a solution in situation). but it seemed to make sense to me.

from Gary W.
SM 209 Adagio
Mykonos.