Re: SM Batteries

Miles

Hi Kent,

I am using 8 group 31 deep cycle batteries from NAPA.  I don’t know who that real manufacturer is but they have worked well now for the last three years and they are cheap enough to replace when they start to age.  For starting, I use a NAPA group 31 truck starting battery.  It spins the engine.

In Europe, I had a set of calcium batteries.  They were very good for more than 4 years.  If left alone for 4 months, they didn’t discharge.  They don’t seem to be available in the US.  I have not looked in the Caribbean.

Regards,

Miles s/y Ladybug, sm 216 , Le Marin, Martinique