Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Prop Shaft Brake Pads

eric freedman

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2018 6:41 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Prop Shaft Brake Pads

Yes..."contacts the piston pin"

Its a standard hex head bolt

Maud does have pads, it was only that none of the ones she has look like ours...apparently there are three different types

Cheers

Alan

Elyse SM437

---In amelyachtowners@..., <no_reply@...> wrote :

Whoa. Interesting solution. Just to be clear (before I start drilling holes) when you said "where it contracts the piston pin"......you meant "contacts the piston pin", right ? What kind of head do you have on the M8 bolt ? Does it matter ?

I'm going to verify that Maud doesn't have the pads.......kind of surprising given that everyone will need to change the pads at some point.......but if they aren't easily obtained, I will follow your lead.

Thanks for the idea........this is exactly why I love this site.

Tom Kleman

SV L'ORIENT SM2K 422

Bonaire