Re: Prop Shaft Brake Pads

thomas.kleman <no_reply@...>

Thanks Bill- just to be clear, my pads won't squeeze the prop brake rotor tightly no matter if the adjustment screw is all the out or all the way in. It seems to make no difference.  I'm assuming if I change this spring the piston will extend further/harder against the caliper than it does now and the pads will grip the rotor more tightly when the engine is off. There seems to be some material left on the pads.  I understand Alan's fix and it seems reasonable to do this at sea.......glad it worked for him and it was quite clever. I'm moored in Bonaire for hurricane season so I have time to wait for parts......I've asked Maud if she has pads and the spring.