Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Flexible Prop which one for SM?

Pat is correct. At the time that Amel started using AutoProp instead of MaxProp, Amel modified the C-Drive housing so that AutoProp blades would clear the housing. You don't want to try an AutoProp unless you are positive that you have the new housing. I do not know what hull numbers are involved, but the change occurred in the late 200s. Hull 124 is certainly the older version of the C-Drive housing.

Since Amel would have installed a MaxProp at that time, I suspect that is your best choice.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 6:27 AM, Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Phillip, I am in the process of ascertaining what prop I want for my boat , Max ,Gori, Flexofold...positive and negatives to consider. I just want you to know that an Autoprop probably will not fit your boat. I also have a 94 and was going to purchase one , until Olivier emailed me that boats newer than mine was modified to accept the Autoprop.

Good Luck,
Pat
SM#123