Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Wood trim around Vee berth windows

Craig Briggs

Hi Kent,
Ours are simply held up by the screws going up through the frame, not by any fasteners coming down. Doubt yours are different. If you've got all the screws out and it doesn't fall free, maybe it's some adhesive from the vinyl "piping" trim and you could free it with a putty knife all around.

I definitely wouldn't try to re-varnish them in place as, if it's like ours, there's UV damage such that you'll want to sand the inner side of the top edges and, perhaps, re-stain the wood where it's sun-bleached to get a good color match. Easy job if it's removed.

Craig, SN68 Sangaris

---In amelyachtowners@..., <karkauai@...> wrote :

Hi Danny,

I suppose I could, but it’d be difficult to do a nice job on the top and aft end...and potentially messy. If I cant figure out how to get them off, I guess that’s what I’ll have to do.

It doesn’t seem likely that Amel would build something that couldn’t be disassembled.

Kent
S/V Kristy
SM 243