Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Dome light in aft lazarette needs replacing

Derick,

You need to ask the person who installed it after your boat was made.😀

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 3:03 PM, derickgates@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi all,

After five years of ownership, I just discovered that the aft lazarette has a dome light. How did I find it? I was cleaning out the lazarette at night and noticed a light was on.  Having discovered the dome light, I went to switch it off.  Instead, it just dimmed to about 1/3 the intensity.  I tapped on the dome a little too hard, and found that the glass of the dome was now in 3 pieces, but the light still would not turn off.  Switching off the aft lights on the 24 volt panel did cut the power to the dome light, but otherwise it looks like the switch in the dome light is faulty and needs replacing.

Does anyone know where to get these dome light fixtures?

Derick Gates

SM2K#400

Brava

Currently on the hard in Antigua for hurricane season