Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Bow Thruster Rusted Shut [1 Attachment]

Steve,

I am confused. What do you mean, "Can't say how much force was on that thing, but it was enough to make it impossible to turn those four bolts. "

​Which four bolts?

The most important ingredient with this job is patience, next is lots of penetrating fluid, next is tapping or vibrating, and last is downward pressure.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 7:02 AM, steve@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from steve@... [amelyachtowners] included below]

Complete Fail.

I tried everything, but that shaft is not coming out. Ever. I was super clamped on with the custom tool that I had made. Can't say how much force was on that thing, but it was enough to make it impossible to turn those four bolts. Best I can think of is that the spindled shaft inside has fused to the receiver. I'll have to dive the prop to replace. "Changing prop while boat is in the water" is off the table. Going to have to cut that shaft if I ever want it to come out, I'm afraid. Open to all ideas...
-Capt Bode