Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Bow Thruster Rusted Shut

James Alton

Bode,

   Mark is giving you good advice, go slow and have patience.  My bow thruster was stuck as well but after a couple days of spraying penetrants in the holes and lots of gentle tapping it came out.  I used a raw hide mallet to do the tapping to prevent damage but a block of wood and a steel hammer should work as well.  I think that taps from each side alternating helps to loosen the joint between the motor and the shaft.  If you search on this subject there have been a lot other owners that were able to remove bow thrusters that were stuck.

Best of luck,

James
SV Sueño
Maramu #220

On May 30, 2018, at 8:46 AM, 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bode,

Using the special Amel tool, the removal process can take several days. Tighten the tool, spray penetrating oil, repeat.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us