Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: rig tuning

Ryan Meador

Thank you for finding that, Bill!  It sounds like I will need to slack all my rigging and start from scratch, which I think will necessitate a professional.  Olivier has also graciously agreed to come visit my boat and take a look, which I'm sure will teach me a lot.

Thanks,
Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 8:01 PM, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Ryan (and everybody else)

The one thing I hate about this forum host is the totally AWFUL search capabilities it has.  It took a bit of digging to find, but here is the link to the rigging procedure that Olivier posted. It is really helpful, and makes things really clear.  There are several things in the initial set up that are going to be unique to the precision that Amel used in building these boats, but the final tensioning is pretty much the way I always handled any boat.

If you have an Amel to which this procedure relates, do what I just did and SAVE this link, and print it out for future reference.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Norfolk, VA, USA