Re: Repower questions

karkauai

One more thing about the Yanmar 4JH4HTE...
When talking to Yanmar in Ft Lauderdale, and New Jersey(?) I couldn’t find anyone who had a clue about a “floating” ground like Amel uses. Temp and oil pressure sensors and senders were difficult to find. If you decide on a 4JH4HTE, I can get those part numbers for you. The alternator has a ground wire that was connected to the block. It was rerouted to the battery negative and now there is no ground connection between the alternator and the block.I did post a drawing from Amel showing how the engine isolation is done.

Kent
SM243
Kristy
St Michaels MD